Skip Navigation

Origins of International Health

He was there: Carl Taylor recalls the reasons behind the birth of what is now global health.

Read "International Health at 50."

Comments

• Aliyu Nurudeen Jimoh

Bida, Niger State 10/17/2011 11:55:42 AM

Please send me your complete magazine

• Cheryl Polansky Baraty

Milwaukee, WI 10/20/2011 05:43:30 AM

I took as many courses from Dr. Taylor as I could. He has had a huge influence on my life. I could have listened to him talk forever. Thank you for presenting him on video. What a nice memory!!

• Jesse Oak Taylor

College Park, Maryland 10/20/2011 01:17:43 PM

Thanks for posting this. It is wonderful to see. You should also know that Carl's last book, Empowerment on an Unstable Planet, has just been published by Oxford University Press. If you could attach some mention or link to it, that would be greatly appreciated. Here is the link: http://www.us.oup.com/us/catalog/general/subject/Sociology/SocialMovementSocialChange/?view=usa&view=usa&ci=9780199842964

• Andrews

http://www.quality-web-programming.com/ecommerce-solutions.php 12/28/2011 03:19:12 AM

Fantastic concept that was brought into action 50 years ago in the year 1961 is now in successful stage.... Public health is always important, it is good that now everyone is aware of the fact.....

• Luther-King

Milan, ITALY 12/30/2011 08:30:30 PM

As a physician, experienced both in urban tertiary care and rural primary healthcare in Nigeria, I find the story of the late Dr Carl Taylor very inspiring. What a mentor he would have been to many! Now that I'm taking a Master's degree in International Healthcare Management, Economics, & Policy, I cannot think of a better time for the world to come to the recognition of Dr Taylor's genius, and make deliberate contributions and strategies to improve international and trans-national health.

• Dinesh Taylor

Philadelphia,United States 01/05/2012 09:43:40 AM

I can vividly recall Dr. Taylor sharing his thoughts on our trip to the villages of Himalayas, India. He made it very clear to the village headman that in order to progress, it is very important to empower the woman. His gentle but persuasive way of communications made it possible for many to clearly catch his vision.Now we are reaping fruits of his wisdom in not only in India but globally. Personally to me he was a great Guru.

• Velma Pack

Maryland 01/24/2012 04:31:08 PM

Carl Taylor was and is the gift from God that keeps on giving...Refusing to be a surface dweller, he took the time to get to know a person and connect with them, and through his many acts of kindness and courage, there has been and will continually be Just and Lasting Change.

* = required field

Read about our policy on comments to magazine articles.

design element
Make a Gift

Talk to Us

Amazed? Enthralled? Disappointed? We want to hear from you. Share your thoughts on articles and your ideas for new stories: